I have 3 kids---10 years old, 3 years old, and an almost 5 month old. Needless to say, it gets a bit chaotic around our house at times. I work part time outside of the house and also have 2 home-based businesses, and I love being able to stay home with my girls. I didn't have that luxury when I had my son. Luckily I have a great job that allows me to be able to stay home. Having said that, there are the days when I think I am going to lose my sanity! My son is a typical pre-adolescent (which seems to be happening earlier and earlier in kids...) complete with rolling eyes and attitude. My 3 year old thinks the world revolves around her....which, sometimes, yes it does....and of course my almost-5-month-old is just a happy-go-lucky baby who smiles and laughs and gets a kick out of her older brother and sister. When I'm having a "bad" day, there's nothing like the smile and laugh of a baby to just completely turn your day around. And the things that comes out of the kids mouths...I could write a great humor book! My 3 year old cracks me up every day!
And so even though they drive me crazy on a regular basis, I can't imagine what it would be like without them here! And so some fine examples from the mouths of my kids that just made my day:
1. My son, watching our dog Gracie running across the front yard:
"Look! Gracie's running like a dog!"....?? Really? I said...
2. My daughter when I told her that no, I didn't run over her new bike (new, because I ran over the old one)..."Ahh, you're such a good mama!"
3. My son explaining about the school fundraiser:
"Anyone who sells 15 items gets put in a drawing and the winner gets to ride in a limbo to McDonalds....a big long black limbo"
4. Driving home and smelling a skunk, my 3 year old says "eww...mama, I smell a stunk! Where's the stunk at? That stunk stinks.." And then she wanted to know what was so funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment